Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
An interesting cookie that kids love
Make and share this Chocolate Filled Bonbons recipe from Food.com.
- Cream lard, beat in sugar.
- Add eggs, and flavourings.
- Mix dry ingredients and add.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Press each ball around a chocolate rosebud.
- Bake 12 mins on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350F.
wow! thanks Northern for this recipe--I was looking for a chocolate-filled cookie, and this was the only recipe I could find. My expectations were low, but it was amazing! I subbed 150g margarine for the shortening, 70% whole wheat flour and squares of dark chocolate. The dough was the perfect consistency, didn't spread out, coated the chocolate despite the corners of the squares. The chocolate was melted and delicious hot out of the oven. This one's going in the cookbook!