I found this recipe MSN.com and wanted somewhere to save it for future reference. Can't wait to try these out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling
- 1Prepare Cream Cheese Dough: In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 2In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter and cream cheese until well blended. Gradually add sugars and beat 3 minutes or until light and creamy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl.
- 3Place level 3/4 cup dough on sheet of plastic wrap. Repeat to make 7 more 3/4 cupfuls. Wrap each with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 4When ready to roll out dough, prepare Chocolate Filling: In 2-quart saucepan, heat sweetened condensed milk and chocolate over medium heat just until chocolate melts, stirring frequently. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in walnuts. Cool filling to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 2 large cookie sheets.
- 6Remove 1 piece of dough from refrigerator. On lightly floured 16-inch sheet of waxed paper, with floured rolling pin, roll dough into 10" by 6" rectangle. Spread heaping 1/4 cup filling lengthwise down center of rectangle. Starting from a long side and using waxed paper to help lift dough, fold 1 side of dough lengthwise over filling, then remaining side over dough (dough should overlap).
- 7Pick up waxed paper and flip cookie log onto 1 side of prepared cookie sheet, seam side down. Repeat with another piece of dough and filling. Flip second log parallel to first log, leaving about 2 inches between logs.
- 8Bake logs 20 to 22 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Cool logs on cookie sheet 2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- 9While logs bake, repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- 10Wrap each cooled log separately with foil or plastic wrap, and store in tightly covered containers at room temperature up to 2 weeks or in freezer up to 3 months.
- 11To serve, sprinkle logs with confectioners’ sugar. Cut each log crosswise on the diagonal into 12 slices. (If logs are frozen, thaw completely at room temperature before sprinkling with sugar and slicing.).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Filled Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (2187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1125.8
- Calories from Fat 548
- Total Fat 60.9 g
- Saturated Fat 32.5 g
- Cholesterol 154.1 mg
- Sodium 662.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 137.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 79.6 g
- Protein 19.6 g