Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
i got this from my sister. its so easy
- 1 angel food cake (from package or scratch you pick)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg yolk (beaten)
- 1 egg white (beaten)
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream (whipped)
- 1 pinch salt
- bake and cool angel food cake cut off 1" slice off top hollow out middle of cake keep pieces melt chocolate add sugar and salt stir in egg yolk.
- cool add egg whites to chocolate combine chocolate mixture with cake pieces.
- fill cake put top back on let set serve with whip cream.
This is delicious! I was really on the fence about making it , I couldn't for the life of me get past the whole raw egg thing. Thanks to the suggestion of another zaar member, I DID SUBSTITUTE , which I normally don't like to do when trying a recipe for the first time. I used egg beaters for the egg part. Pasturized you know ;) I also used sugar free cool whip in place of doing the whole whipping cream thing ... saved me some time AND calories that way ... Using a store bought angel food cake from the bakery, and the really quick instructions , I had a lovely looking dessert in no time! And it tastes really good too! I added a couple chocolate shavings on top, just for some pizazz and voila~ Thanks for sharing this recipe!! :)