Recipe by luvmybge
This is a delicious cake and it looks nice, too. You can bake your own or pick up an angel food cake at your local supermarket.
Top Review by Monique L
Even though I have not tried this yet I plan on making it for hubby's b-day coming up next month. You know a recipe will be good when your mouth starts to water while reading it. Then again, I am expecting and my mouth tends to water at a lot of things. I want to go home and make this NOW. :)
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix (4-serving size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cake on a serving platter, slice a 1 inch layer from top of cake and set aside.
- Cut around cake 1 inch from outer edge down to 1 inch from the bottom.
- Then cut around cake 1 inch from inner edge down to 1 inch layer on bottom.
- Create a tunnel in middle of cake by removing the tunneled out cake pieces and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk and pudding mix.
- Beat on low for 2 minutes.
- Fold cake pieces and 1-3/4 cups of whipped topping into pudding.
- Fill trench with pudding mixture.
- Replace top of cake.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of cake.
- (AT this point I dust top of cake with a mixture of cocoa that has been mixed with a little powdered sugar) Refrigerate.