These are very quick and HEALTHY!!! Lots of great fiber and nutrition with a kiss of chocolate coating. I have to make multiple batches to keep them around and I have had the need to hide them! Not to mention that they are quite satiating as well!!
My Private Note
balls o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dried fig
- 2 -3 tablespoons maple syrup (eg. honey) or 2 -3 tablespoons other liquid sweetener (eg. honey)
- 1Either in a double boiler or a small fondue pot, add the ingredients for the chocolate coating. (If using a stainless steel bowl over pot, don't let the bowl touch the boiling water otherwise the chocolate will burn! Melt over low simmering heat, stirring, until completely melted).
- 2Place the nuts in food processor fitted with the "s" blade. Process until nuts are crumbly. Add the figs and maple syrup. Process until a semi-smooth paste forms. You will need to stop the food processor occasionally and scrape down the sides then process again. Roll filling into 1-inch balls (or to the size desired) and set onto a plate.
- 3Prepare a large plate (or baking sheet) for your finished truffles by covering it with a piece of parchment paper. Set aside.
- 4Turn off heat and immediately drop the first truffle into the melted chocolate, gently swirl the melted chocolate over it using a spoon. Lift up and place onto the prepared plate with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining truffles.
- 5Once you are finished, place the plate(or baking sheet) with the truffles on it into the freezer for about 10 minutes(optional) to harden the coating quickly. Once set, place truffles in a container and store in your fridge. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Fig Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.3
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: