Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped (White is optional, any type of chocolate will do.)
- 24 whole dried figs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pistachios or 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, stirring chocolate often.
- While chocolate is melting, line a tray with wax paper.
- Dip fig in chocolate, then into the chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate briefly until chocolate has hardened.
- Store figs in refrigerator inside an airtight container with waxed paper between layers for up to one week.
very nice quick and easy dessert/snack. i melted the white chocolate in the micro and used an assortment of dried fruits including figs, apricots, pears, apples, peaches and mango. i rolled the mango, peaches and figs in macadamias, the rest in pistachios, halfway down each slice.
I served a plate of these on Thanksgiving next to about 20 other desserts and they were a hit! I heard lots of comments like "These figs are amazing!" and "These are the best things I've ever eaten!" I dipped half in white chocolate and half in semi-sweet, and I used pistacios instead of macadamias. Thank you for such an easy but impressive recipe!