1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
The only chocolate in this cake is the drizzle which is optional. Apart from that, this is a lovely cake which is not too sweet - perfect with a cup of tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups liquid honey
- 1 cup tea, strong
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried fig, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1In a small saucepan, bring the honey just to a boil; remove from the heat.
- 2Stir in the tea and grated lemon rind; set pan aside and let cool slightly.
- 3In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, allspice and salt; stir in the figs.
- 4Set the bowl aside.
- 5In a large bowl, beat the eggs until pale and frothy, about 5 minutes.
- 6Beat in the oil and vanilla.
- 7Beat in the sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, until slightly thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- 8Alternately fold in the flour and honey mixtures, making 3 additions of flour and 2 of honey, to make a thin batter.
- 9Pour the batter into a greased 10" Bundt pan.
- 10Bake in the centre of a 325 degree F oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until the cake tester inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- 11Let cool in the pan on a rack for 30 minutes.
- 12With a knife, loosen the edges of the cake; turn out onto a rack and let cool completely.
- 13For the drizzle, melt the chocolate over hot (not boiling) water.
- 14Dip the tines of a fork into the chocolate; drizzle over the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Fig Honey Cake
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.5
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 190.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 53.9 g
- Protein 6.5 g