Recipe by The Sugar Witch
The bottom is like a brownie, the top like smooth fudge! OMG! Yum!
Top Review by Buzymomof3
OK, when my DS called me at work to ask how many he had to leave for his sister I upgraded it from 4 to 5 stars. He's usually not a 'ooh gotta have' kind of guy. Definitely a brownie type bottom, but I felt the top was more a chocolate mousse than a fudge. Delicious! the hardest part was waiting for it to cool and chill. Mean to have it look so good and not get to dig right in. Thanks Sugar! Made for PAC 2012
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Gradually blend in sugar and flour. Remove from heat.
- Blend in egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Remove 1 cup egg-chocolate mixture and blend with sour cream.
- Place paper baking cups into mini muffin pans. Spoon 2 teaspoons egg-chocolate mixture into each cup. Top with 1 teaspoons sour cream mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool completely. Cover. Chill at least 2 hours.