Recipe by Julie B's Hive
A play on words, yes, but a fun way to make a quick low fat dessert with an elegant presentation. While this is not a true pots de creme it makes a pretty, low fat dish.
- 1 (1 ounce) boxcook 'n serve fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- light whipped topping (optional)
- 4 chocolate-covered coffee beans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow the instructions on the box for making the pudding and adding the espresso powder along with the pudding mix, and stir to dissolve. The added espresso powder enhances the flavor of the chocolate.
- Once cooked stir in the vanilla extract blending well and pour the mixture into 4, 4oz pot de creme cups or ramekins. Place lids on cups or plastic wrap on ramekins and refrigerate until cooled and set.
- To Serve.
- Remove the lid, top each pot with a tablespoon of light whipped topping and one chocolate covered espresso bean.