Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Im particularly fond of puddings, and this is one of my favourites, especially as the colder nights are approaching. It's an old traditional recipe but with a little addition that gives it that extra something. This pudding should be a sin! Chocolate Eves Pudding.
- 12 ounces apples
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1 clove (or 2 if you like a stronger taste)
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces flour
- chocolate (as much or as little chocolate as you want to indulge in!)
- Slice the apples finely.
- Grease a 1 pint fireproof dish and place half the apples in it. Add the sugar and cloves then place the remainder of the apples on top.
- Cream the butter and sugar together then add the beaten egg a little at a time. Add the sifted flour to this mixture and mix well.
- Grate as much of a good quality chocolate bar as you wish into the mixture and mix well again.
- Spread over apples and bake until the sponge is firm and lightly browned.
- Serve directly from the dish and enjoy! If you're not serving it to the kids, you may wish to substitute the chocolate for chocolate liqueur.
- How much you use is again, entirely up to you!