Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in a book and want to try..sounds wonderful
- 1⁄2 cup butter (one stick, 4 oz, 1/4 pound)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (or Oreo cookie crumbs)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (or vanilla chips)
- 2 cups Cocoa Puffs cereal (or any other chocolate cereal)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F rack in middle position.
- Spray 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a small bowl in microwave on high for 50 seconds.
- Add cookie crumbs to melted butter. Stir until everything is well moistened.
- Spread butter and cookie crumb mixture in the bottom of cake pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the semi-chocolate chips evenly on top of crumb mixture.
- Arrange mini marshmallows on top of chips as evenly as you can.
- Open can of sweetened condensed milk and pour over the top of marshmallows as evenly as you can.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips on top, trying for an even distribution.
- Measure chocolate cereal an spread on top, again as evenly as you can.
- Sprinkle milk chocolate chips on top.
- Press everything in the pan down with the flat blade of a metal spatula (if the cereal crunches a bit that is ok).
- Bake 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove bars from oven and let cool in the pan. When bars reach room temperature, cut into brownie-sized pieces right in the pan. Don't take them out unless you are going to eat them right away.
- You can now refrigerate the cookie bars in the ban to set up firmly.
- If you do not cut before refrigeration, you may have a problem. They're very firm when chilled.