Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pour this, warm, over premium-quality vanilla ice cream and you will be amazed!
Make and share this Chocolate - Espresso Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 8 ounces best-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Bring water, cream, sugar and espresso powder to simmer in medium saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add chocolate and butter and whisk until melted and smooth.
- Keeps, covered and refrigerated, up to 10 days.
WOW! Sensational! I used only 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (as I knew that that would be plenty sweet enough for us), a tablespoon of a yummy Australian chocolate orange liqueur and so that the sauce wasn't too liquidy I doubled the quantity of chocolate, so I ended up with closer to three cups of the most amazingly flavoured chocolate sauce. It was just SO much tastier than those gourmet sauces in elegant bottles that you see around Christmas time. Yummy plus! This is a great prepare- ahead recipe to make when entertaining and - despite the outrageously high fat content - I'll certainly also be making this again from time to time for us to enjoy. We enjoyed this with premium-quality vanilla icecream as Evelyn had suggested. Divinely flavoursome! A wonderful adult Easter topping! Thank you, Evelyn!