Recipe by HappyBunny
Another recipe from November's Olive. This is on my menu for a dinner party we are having in a fortnight. Times do not include 24 hours chilling.
- 100 g dark chocolate (70%cocoa solids - this is very important)
- 100 g butter
- 2 tablespoons espresso coffee
- 4 medium eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 40 g plain flour, sifted
- chocolate-covered coffee beans, to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter 4 individual pudding moulds,or ovenproof teacups, and line the bases with parchment.
- Put the chocolate, butter and 2 tbsp espresso in a small pan and heat gently until melted.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together until thick and pale and fold into the chocolate mixture, followed by the flour.
- Fill the cups or moulds to about 1cm of the tops, cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge for upto 24hours.
- Heat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/gas6.
- Bake puddings for 12-14 minutes, the outside should be cooked while the inside will be liquid; they may take a minute or two longer if the cups are very thick.
- Leave to stand for a minute, then turn each out on a plate and peel off the parchment.
- Serve immediately with cream or ice-cream and a few chocolate coffee beans.