Recipe by Tish
Soy milk,is as high in health-promoting isoflavones as much-touted tofu--1 cup contains 80 milligrams, an amount that has been shown to stave off osteoporosis. Good - light - and good enough for the holidays and family gatherings
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups non-fat soymilk
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium, heavy saucepan, and stir well with a whisk.
- Gradually stir in milk, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute or until thick.
- Remove from heat, and add chocolate, stirring until melted.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour about 1/2 cup pudding into each of 4 dessert dishes; cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap.
- Chill at least 4 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap to serve.