Chocolate Espresso Pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) Ghirardelli Espresso Escape chocolate bars (dark chocolate with espresso)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- lightly sweetened whipped cream
- espresso beans
- Whisk milk, sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt in a medium saucepan to blend. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir often with a whisk, going into corners of saucepan.
- Boil 1 minute, whisking, until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate and vanilla until chocolate melts and mixture is blended.
- Scrape into a bowl. Cover surface directly with plastic wrap. Chill at least 2 hours or until cold. Spoon into small cups or bowls; garnish.