1/1 Photo of Chocolate Espresso Mint Bars
The rich taste of chololate with espresso layered with peppermint filling and topped with unsweetened chocolate is mouthwatering!!! Prep time does not include cooling down period. The picture I have posted has the filling as Pink, as I made this for my Breast Cancer support group and thought Pink was a good idea LOL
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 -2 teaspoon espresso powder (up to 1 Tbsp)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional) or 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream, add more to make easier to spread if needed
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2Melt the chocolate and butter either in the microwave or on low in small pot. Let cool.
- 3Preheat oven to 350.
- 4Once cool -- add eggs, flour, salt, sugar, vanilla, espresso powder, optional nuts.
- 5Spread into a greased 9 X 13 pan and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- 7Once the brownies are cooled mix butter, cream, powdered sugar, extract, and food coloring.
- 8pour onto the cooled brownies and place in the refridgerator for an hour.
- 10Melt butter and chocolate spread over the green filling. Allow to harden a bit.
- 11Cut and serve.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Espresso Mint Bars
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.2
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 233.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g