Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Michael Chiarello. I posted this for The Cupid's Choice Game.
- 1 lemon wedge
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 4 tablespoons espresso, cooled
- 1 1⁄2 ounces best vodka, chilled
- 1⁄2 ounce Creme de Cacao
- long lemon twist
- Wipe the rim of a chilled, oversized martini glass with lemon wedge.
- Pour sugar and chocolate into a saucer and mix well.
- Dip glass rim in mixture and roll to thoroughly coat rim.
- Over a large handful of ice in a cocktail shaker, pour espresso, vodka, and creme de cacao. Shake until frothy. Strain into prepared glass. Garnish rim with a twist and stand back.
This quickly became a favorite drink of ours! We had company last week end, EVERYONE loved these! I used both plain and Van Gogh's chocolate vodkas. Thank you!
My first homemade martini and know there will be more to come. Made my espresso using on of the old fashioned three chamber pots for the stove and some Grey Goose tossed in the freezer overnight. The results were so smooth and delicious. I choose to use orange instead of lemon for the twist and to rim the glass as that seemed to be a more natural pairing and I had lots available. I think next time I will use a little less espresso or at least some not quite as strong as my potent brew. Thanks!
I really liked this martini! I ended up using a turkish blend coffee instead of the expresso. The Creme de Cacao really smoothed out the coffee and made this s special drink. We all loved it!