2 hrs 30 mins
Oh Martha, you are an evil woman! This was sent to me and I had to share.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate wafers, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- salt, pinch
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- salt, pinch
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spread hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 3Toast until skins split and nuts turn golden brown, around 10 minutes, shaking pan a few times so the nuts do not burn.
- 4Remove from oven, reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- 5Rub nuts with a towel to remove skins.
- 6Cool then finely grind in a food processor.
- 7In a small bowl combine the ground nuts, cookie crumbs, espresso powder, salt and butter.
- 8Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 11 inch round tart pan.
- 9Chill for 30 minutes.
- 10Place chilled tart shell on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
- 11Cool Completely.
- 12In a medium bowl whisk together the Kahlua, cocoa, egg yolks, espresso powder and salt.
- 13Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler.
- 14Whisk in Kahlua mixture.
- 15Continue whisking until mixture has thickened and registers 160 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
- 16Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- 17Using an electric mixer beat cream until you get stiff peaks.
- 18Whisk egg whites and sugar in a double boiler over simmering water.
- 19Keep whisking until sugar is dissolved and meringue registers 160 degrees on thermometer.
- 20Remove from heat.
- 21Whisk on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- 22On high speed continue to whisk until peaks are stiff and glossy.
- 23Using a spatula gently fold in chocolate mixture, then whipped cream.
- 24Spread evenly into cooled tart shell.
- 25Chill 2 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Espresso Kahlua Tart
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.1
- Calories from Fat 507
- Total Fat 56.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 282.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 9.7 g