Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The taste of espresso coffee combined with creamy rich chocolate and crunchy toasted pecans-are you hungry yet?
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut up
- 2 cups toasted pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- Line a 8" square pan with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place chocolate, marshmallows and espresso coffee powder in a large bowl. In a heavy large saucepan, stir together sugar, evaporated milk and butter. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally; boil 6 minutes.
- Now pour hot milk mixture over the chocolate mixture. Stir gently until combined with a clean spoon. Let stand 3-4 minutes until marshmallows are soft; stir until smooth. Stir in the pecans. Pour into the square pan. Refrigerate 3-4 hours or until firm. Cover tightly and store in the fridge up to 3 weeks.
- To toast the pecan halves, place on a baking sheet; bake at 350*F. for 6-8 minutes or until slightly darker in color. Cool and enjoy!
I had some trouble with this recipe setting up. I ended up with chocolate espresso goo instead of fudge. Followed the recipe exactly except for leaving out the pecans. After overnight in the fridge (and then the freezer) without it setting up, I ended up scraping it into a bowl and have been using it as hot fudge sauce for ice cream because it tastes wonderful! I will be trying this one again after I get myself a candy thermometer.
For a fudge recipe without using a thermometer this is great!... it is very sweet and rich so a small piece goes a long way. I used International Foods instant espresso mix for this and that worked out quite well. My chocolate-loving DS will love this! thanks Sharon!...Kitten:)