Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mmmmmm - chocolate & coffee, two of my favorite things! Just add milk for a very grown up afternoon treat! Wonderful on Christmas cookie trays! From Field Guide to Cookies: How to Identify and Bake Virtually Every Cookie Imagineable by Anita Chu.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons espresso powder, instant
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a metal bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring occasionally so it will melt evenly; remove from heat when smooth.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars on medium speed for several minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Pour in melted chocolate and beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture and chocolate chips and mix on low just until incorporated.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for about 15-20 minutes until it is firm enough to scoop.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line several cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Roll dough into 1½-inch balls and place on sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes—cookies will still appear soft but will firm up upon cooling. Cool cookie sheets on wire racks before removing cookies with a metal spatula.
Very good! I used 2 packets of Via Colombia coffee for the espresso, and added about 1/2 tsp cinnamon. I also used white chocolate pieces just because I had them. I will definitely use this recipe again.
This just might be my favorite cookie this season! I love mocha, and this definately is mocha! I was wondering how they would taste, with the amount of sugar, I didn't think it was enough. They were perfect! Thanks, Buster's Friend, these are awesome! Made for Cookie event at KK's forum.
I made these delicious cookies and loved the mocha taste combination of these cookies. Thanks for sharing this excellent recipe, Buster's Friend.