Food Frenzy's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (10 crackers)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the filling
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee
- 1 3/4 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
For the ganache
- 1/4 lb semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2To make the crust:.
- 3Place the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and cinnamon in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until combined.
- 4Pour into a 9-inch springform pan. With your hands, press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- 5Meanwhile, chop the bittersweet chocolate and place it in a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Add the espresso and stir until just melted. Set aside until cooled to room temperature.
- 6Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- 7To make the filling:.
- 8Cream the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and almond extracts and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- 9Reduce the speed of the mixer to medium and add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well. Scrape down the bowl and beater, as necessary.
- 10With the mixer on low, add the sour cream, and the cooled chocolate mixture. Mix thoroughly and pour into the cooled crust.
- 11Bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and allow the cake to sit in the oven with the door opened wide for 1 1/2 hours. Take the cake out of the oven and allow it to sit at room temperature, until completely cooled.
- 12For the ganache:.
- 13Finely chop the semisweet chocolate and place it in a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Add the cream and stir until just melted. Set aside until cooled to room temperature.
- 14Remove the cake from the springform pan by carefully running a hot knife around the outside of the cake. Leave the cake on the bottom of the springform pan for serving. Drizzle the ganache over the top of the cheesecake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake With Ganache
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.4
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 157.8 mg
- Sodium 362.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 9.2 g