Recipe by ~Bliss~
I believe I got this from Debbie Fields' TV show. It's the absolute best cheesecake I've ever had, even without the glaze. To respond to a review, I actually made this with a chocolate cookie crust (sorry, I don't have a recipe), so I can't comment on whether the recipe for the crust is good or not. Since the reviewer thought it was horrible, maybe you should try your own chocolate cookie crust instead. I posted the recipe like it was written by Mrs. Fields, but it didn't sound like one I wanted to try.
Top Review by madeeg
I would not recommend this recipe to anyone. The crust was horrible, I made it with the pecans, and the filling with the glaze was tasteless, barely any chocolate or espresso flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafers
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup espresso
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Stir together ingredients.
- Press on sides of springform pan and refrigerate.
- Drizzle 3 oz.melted semisweet chocolate over it. (This 3 oz. is optional, and it's not included in the ingredients above).
- Filling: Cream cream cheese.
- Add brown sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Add vanilla, coffee, cooled chocolate, and sour cream, separately.
- Blend after each addition.
- Place the cheesecake in water bath with foil around pan.
- Bake at 300F for 1 hr.;.
- reduce to 275F for 1 hr; reduce to 250F for 30 minute.
- Glaze: After cheesecake has cooled, melt ingredients in microwave and pour warm over cooled cheesecake.
- Now I usually don't add the chocolate drizzle over the bottom, and I just make a plain chocolate crust (without the nuts).
- But I promise you, this is the best chocolate cheesecake I've ever eaten.