2 hrs 30 mins
I believe I got this from Debbie Fields' TV show. It's the absolute best cheesecake I've ever had, even without the glaze. To respond to a review, I actually made this with a chocolate cookie crust (sorry, I don't have a recipe), so I can't comment on whether the recipe for the crust is good or not. Since the reviewer thought it was horrible, maybe you should try your own chocolate cookie crust instead. I posted the recipe like it was written by Mrs. Fields, but it didn't sound like one I wanted to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup espresso
- 1Crust: Stir together ingredients.
- 2Press on sides of springform pan and refrigerate.
- 3Drizzle 3 oz.melted semisweet chocolate over it. (This 3 oz. is optional, and it's not included in the ingredients above).
- 4Filling: Cream cream cheese.
- 5Add brown sugar.
- 6Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- 7Add vanilla, coffee, cooled chocolate, and sour cream, separately.
- 8Blend after each addition.
- 9Place the cheesecake in water bath with foil around pan.
- 10Bake at 300F for 1 hr.;.
- 11reduce to 275F for 1 hr; reduce to 250F for 30 minute.
- 12Glaze: After cheesecake has cooled, melt ingredients in microwave and pour warm over cooled cheesecake.
- 13Now I usually don't add the chocolate drizzle over the bottom, and I just make a plain chocolate crust (without the nuts).
- 14But I promise you, this is the best chocolate cheesecake I've ever eaten.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (2020 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7576.5
- Calories from Fat 5664
- Total Fat 629.4 g
- Saturated Fat 316.0 g
- Cholesterol 1741.1 mg
- Sodium 3411.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 490.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 73.1 g
- Sugars 287.4 g
- Protein 135.4 g