Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the perfect after-dinner cake. The recipe is from Nigella Lawson's 'Feast'.
Make and share this Chocolate Espresso Cake With Caffe Latte Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Take everything you need out of the fridge to bring to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Butter and line a 23cm springform tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter and set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together until thick, pale and fluffy – about 7 minutes. They should have at least doubled in volume, even tripled.
- Gently fold the flour and espresso powder, taking care not to lose the air you have created, and finally add the melted chocolate and butter, folding gently again.
- Pour into the prepared tin and cook for 35-40 minutes, by which time the top of the cake should be firm, and the underneath a bit gooey.
- Let the cake to cool completely on a wire rack before releasing from the tin.
- For the cream, melt the white chocolate, and let it cool. Fold in the cream and espresso powder, whipping the latte cream together to thicken it a little.
- Sit the sprung cake on a plate, fill the middle sunken crater with the latte cream and dust with a little cocoa powder.