Recipe by Buster's friend
Deep dark delicious brownies for grown ups. Not too much more trouble than from the box but waaay better. Received in an email from gourmet-recipes-from-around-the-world.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup espresso coffee (strong brewed coffee fine too)
- 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, corn syrup and espresso in a saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add chocolate squares and continue heating over low heat until chocolate melts be careful not to.
- Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture and mix with a hand mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix again.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan and cook at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares to serve.