Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Deep dark delicious brownies for grown ups. Not too much more trouble than from the box but waaay better. Received in an email from gourmet-recipes-from-around-the-world.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup espresso coffee (strong brewed coffee fine too)
- 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, corn syrup and espresso in a saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add chocolate squares and continue heating over low heat until chocolate melts be careful not to.
- Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture and mix with a hand mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix again.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan and cook at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares to serve.