These are for those chocolate emergencies that creep up on you. From the book Sticks & Scones. These are VERY rich.
- 170.09 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 170.09 g bittersweet chocolate, broken into large pieces
- 118.32 ml butter, softened and divided
- 354.88 ml flour
- 78.07 ml unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml dark brown sugar, packed
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 59.16 ml butter, softened
- 78.07 ml heavy cream
- 3.69 ml vanilla extract
- 650.62 ml confectioners' sugar
- In the top of a double boiler, melt the chips, chopped up chocolate and 4 tbsp butter. When melted, set aside to cool.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the remaining 4 tbsp of butter in with both sugars. When mixed, add eggs abd vanilla. Mix in the slightly cooled chocolate mixture, until just combined.
- Stir in flour mixture, mixing only until completely combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refegerate for.
- 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF Grease the cookie sheets.
- Using a heaping tablespoon measure, scoop out enough for 12 cookies on a sheet.
- Bake one sheet at a time for @ 9 to 11 minutes.Do not overbake, the cookies will firm up when they have cooled.
- Allow cookie to cool for a minute before moving them off the cookie sheet. When cool, frost with Vanilla Icing.
- Vanilla Icing-.
- Beat the butter until creamy.
- Gradually add the cream vanilla, and confectioners sugar and beat well.
- If necessary, add more confectioners sugar. The icing should be fairly stiff, not soupy.
- Spread a thick layer on each cookie.