Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is a great St. Patrick's Day Treat. A nice bar cookie that kids love. I make them for my boy's class parties and there's never any leftover.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup green creme de menthe
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine one half cup of butter and cocoa in saucepan over low heat and stir until blended.
- Remove from heat and add one half cup sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir in graham cracker crumbs. Mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Next, melt one half cup butter and pour into a small mixing bowl. Add Creme de Menthe and mix at low speed. While mixing, add 3 cups sugar until smooth. Spread this mixture over the first layer in the 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Refrigerate entire dish for one hour.
- While the dish is chilling, combine one quarter cup butter and chocolate pieces in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted. Remove pan from refrigerator and spread chocolate mixture over the mint layer. Return pan to the refrigerator for 2 hours. Cut into small squares and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.