Recipe by ladyautumn
Again, I found this great little pamphlet at the grocery store with some delicious recipes. It is a JELL-O, Cool Whip, Nilla Wafers, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, and Bakers Chocolate Squares book of recipes. Here is another recipe that I intend to try as soon as I can. It looks and sounds wonderful. 20 minutes does not include refrigeration time.
Top Review by Jennifer Dawn
I have made this dessert many times - always delicious and so easy to make. A nice lighter change to cheesecake ( not that there is anything wrong with cheesecake ! ) I run a row of slivered almond down the middle ( length wise ) before serving. Truly is chocolate elegance!
- 1.5 (12 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip, divided and thawed
- 6 BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) packagejell-o instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cool whip; spread 2 cups onto bottom of 8x4 inch loaf pan lined with plastic wrap.
- Melt 3 chocolate squares. Add to remaining cream cheese mixture along with pudding mix and milk. Beat until blended. Spread over layer in pan. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Microwave remaining chocolate and cool whip in microwavable bowl on high 1 minute; stir until blended. Cool slightly.
- Invert dessert onto platter. Remove pan and plastic wrap. Spread dessert with glaze; top with almonds. Refrigerate until glaze is firm.