1/1 Photo of Chocolate Eggnog Swirl Pie
4 hrs 35 mins
4 hrs 15 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
Our apartment complex issues a monthly "newsletter". This was in the February issue. NOTE: Cooking time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts (your choice)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (or margarine)
- 2Combine first 4 ingredients.
- 3Add melted butter and mix well.
- 4Press mixture into 9" pie plate, or 10" pie plate to form crust.
- 5Bake in 350 F oven for 12 minutes.
- 6Cool on wire rack.
- 8In small bowl, stir gelatin into the cold water and set aside.
- 9In medium saucepan, mix the sugar and cornstarch.
- 10Stir in eggnog.
- 11Cook until thickened and bubbly.
- 12Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- 13Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- 14Divide mixture into 2 equal parts; stirring chocolate into one part and rum (extract) into the other.
- 15Cover surface with plastic wrap and cool completely.
- 16Fold whipped cream into the rum portion.
- 17Spoon the rum flavored portion into the cooled pie crust.
- 18Top this with the chocolate mixture and gently swirl the chocolate portion into the white portion.
- 19Chill at least 4 hours or until firm.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Eggnog Swirl Pie
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 701.9
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 131.3 mg
- Sodium 257.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 11.7 g