A change from the usual. Lushious Holiday fair!! or just plain wonderfull on any cold winter night!! -Anne Petrone (Chill time about 2 hours)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine milk and chocolate milk in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- 2Scald but do not allow to boil.
- 3Combine eggs, sugar in a small bowl; using an electric mixer beat until thick and pale in colour.
- 4Gradually pour about 1/3 of the hot milk into the bowl as you beat.
- 5Turn off beater.
- 6Using a wooden spoon gradually stir the egg mixture back into the warm milk in the saucepan.
- 7Replace pan on stove.
- 8Combine whipping cream and coffee liqueur; stir into pan.
- 9Stir and cook eggnog over low heat until mixture thickens and is smooth.
- 10DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Combine rum and spices; stir into hot eggnog.
- 13Cover tightly and refrigerate until cold.
- 14Serve with grated or curled chocolate and/or nutmeg on top.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Eggnog
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.1
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 107.4 mg
- Sodium 60.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g