Recipe by Derf
A change from the usual. Lushious Holiday fair!! or just plain wonderfull on any cold winter night!! -Anne Petrone (Chill time about 2 hours)
- 1 cup homogenized milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate milk
- 1⁄2 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup packed golden sugar (brown)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- grated chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk and chocolate milk in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Scald but do not allow to boil.
- Combine eggs, sugar in a small bowl; using an electric mixer beat until thick and pale in colour.
- Gradually pour about 1/3 of the hot milk into the bowl as you beat.
- Turn off beater.
- Using a wooden spoon gradually stir the egg mixture back into the warm milk in the saucepan.
- Replace pan on stove.
- Combine whipping cream and coffee liqueur; stir into pan.
- Stir and cook eggnog over low heat until mixture thickens and is smooth.
- DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine rum and spices; stir into hot eggnog.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate until cold.
- Serve with grated or curled chocolate and/or nutmeg on top.