1/1 Photo of Chocolate Eclairs
out of here's Note:
Homemade with a rich custard filling. Recipe is from my days in snow country without a bakery nearby. Better than store-bought! www.recipezaar.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat to a rolling boil 1 cup water and 1/2 cup butter.
- 2Stir in 1 cup flour all at once, stirring vigorously over low heat until mixture leaves the sides of pan and forms a ball.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Beat in thoroughly 4 eggs, one at a time,.
- 5Beat until smooth and velvety.
- 6Drop from wooden spoon unto ungreased baking sheet.
- 7Form a long ladyfinger shape; top with another small spoonful on top.
- 8Bake at 400°F for 40-45 minutes, or until dry.
- 9Allow to cool.
- 10Pull top off and remove any excess puff to form shell.
- 11Custard filling:.
- 12Mix in saucepan, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/3 cup flour.
- 13Stir in 2 cups milk, cook over medium heat, stirring until it boils. Boil 1 minute.
- 14Remove from heat.
- 15Stir 1/2 of this mixture into 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten.
- 16Add this yolk mixture to the rest in pan and bring to boiling point.
- 17Cool and blend in 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- 18Spoon in cooled eclair and top with chocolate icing.
- 19Chocolate icing:.
- 20Melt the chocolate and butter over low heat.
- 21Remove from heat, stir in the powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons hot water; beat until smooth.
- 22Put the chocolate icing on and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Eclairs
Serving Size: 1 (1561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.6
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 240.4 mg
- Sodium 301.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g