1 hr 15 mins
I get requests for this recipe everytime I make it, so I thought I would just post it here. Be sure to beat the eggs well, or the ring will not puff up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In medium sauce pan, bring water and margarine to a boil.
- 3Remove from heat and add flour and salt. Stir until it forms a ball.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, and BEAT THOROUGHLY AFTER EACH ONE with a hand mixer.
- 5Drop mixture by spoonfuls into a ring-shape on a greased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake 45 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- 7While ring is baking, beat pudding mix, cream, and milk until thick.
- 8When ring is cool, cut in half horizontally.
- 9Spread pudding mixture on bottom half and replace top.
- 10Spread chocolate frosting on top. (It may be easier to spread if softened in the microwave for a few seconds.).
- 11Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Eclair Ring
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.3
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.8 mg
- Sodium 503.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 38.7 g
- Protein 5.4 g