Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delicious éclair recipe and really easy to make.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) container chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium sauce pan, bring water and butter to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add flour and salt. Stir until it forms a ball.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and BEAT THOROUGHLY AFTER EACH ONE with a hand mixer. (The ring may not puff up if not thoroughly mixed.).
- Drop mixture by spoonfuls into a ring-shape on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 45 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- While ring is baking, beat pudding mix, cream, and milk until thick.
- When ring is cool, cut in half horizontally.
- Spread pudding mixture on bottom half and replace top.
- Spread chocolate frosting on top. (It may be easier to spread if softened in the microwave for a few seconds.).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.