Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Chocolate Eclair filling recipe goes together with Pol Martin's Cream Puff Dough "Cream Puff Dough" You will be making professional looking eclairs for any affair :)
- 473.18 ml heavy cream, cold
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml icing sugar
- 113.39 g semisweet chocolate, good quality
- 14.79 ml cold water
- pour cream and vanilla in a bowl of electric mixer. beat until firm. add icing sugar and beat another 30 seconds, but no longer. set aside in refrigerator.
- place chocolate in stainless steel bowl. set over saucepan half-filled with hot water. check that bowl does not touch water. melt over very low heat.
- when melted, thin chocolate with 1 tbsp cold water. dip tops of eclairs in warm chocolate. if preferred, spread chocolate with spatula.
- when chocolate on tops of eclair has set, carefully slice shells open using knife with serrated blade. fill with whipped cream and serve.
The cream was very bland and the chocolate way too overpowering. Next time I will use a more custard based filling. This was just a bland version of whipping cream.