Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a layered dessert...even better than the real thing! Quick and easy to make, but it does have to be refrigerated overnight, so plan ahead :)
- 1 box plain graham cracker
- 1 (8 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- 2 boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup (Karo)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Butter a 9 x 13 pan.
- Place a layer of graham crackers evenly on bottom of pan.
- Prepare pudding with milk according to package directions and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fold whipped topping into pudding.
- Spread half of pudding mixture on top of graham crackers.
- Place another layer of graham crackers on top of pudding mixture.
- Top with remaining pudding mixture and finally another layer of graham crackers.
- Combine frosting ingredients well (add more milk if too thick to spread easily) and carefully frost the top layer of graham crackers.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
I am surprised this has not been reviewed before. It was so easy to make and just so so so easy to eat. This was the "hit" of the meal. I think everyone would have skipped the meat and potatoes with pleasure and would have gone to this right off the bat. Great pot luck dish as well. It will be made again for sure. Thank you Karen.
For something different, I used Chocolate pudding. For the frosting, try 2 squares of white baking chocolate and 1 tsp of peppermint extract. Yummy!!
Tastes so similar to a chocolate eclair without all the work! At first, I thought to myself... how could graham crackers taste like an eclair??? This was really delicious... and so easy to put together. I used sugar free pudding, non fat Cool Whip and regular graham crackers. This dessert is a winner at our house! Thanks for sharing!!!