Recipe by blessedgramma6
I have had this recipe for nearly 30 years, and have no idea where it originated. My family has always loved it for any occasion.
Top Review by CoffeeB
Great recipe and one I"ve used numerous times w/variations as to the chocolate topping. Yours is equally as yummy!!! Easy dessert to put together for when the weather is too HOT to have the oven going.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages French vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- graham cracker
- 2 baking chocolate squares
- 1 tablespoon Crisco
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Karo syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the pudding mixes with milk, and then add the Cool Whip and gently stir together.
- Place one layer of the graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13" pan. Pour half of the pudding mix over this.
- Lay another layer of crackers into the dish. Pour the rest of the pudding mix on.
- Melt the baking squares of chocolate and stir together with the Crisco. (This recipe originally called for 2 envelopes of Choco-bake which I can't find anymore.) Add the milk, vanilla, syrup and powdered sugar to the chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Lay the third layer of graham crackers over the pudding, and then pour the chocolate mixture over all. Smooth it over the whole dish.
- Refrigerate overnight, or at least 8-12 hours, covered with plastic wrap. Do not make and serve immediately as it will not be the same -- it needs time to blend together.