Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
I have had this recipe for nearly 30 years, and have no idea where it originated. My family has always loved it for any occasion.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages French vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- graham cracker
- 2 baking chocolate squares
- 1 tablespoon Crisco
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Karo syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Blend the pudding mixes with milk, and then add the Cool Whip and gently stir together.
- Place one layer of the graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13" pan. Pour half of the pudding mix over this.
- Lay another layer of crackers into the dish. Pour the rest of the pudding mix on.
- Melt the baking squares of chocolate and stir together with the Crisco. (This recipe originally called for 2 envelopes of Choco-bake which I can't find anymore.) Add the milk, vanilla, syrup and powdered sugar to the chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Lay the third layer of graham crackers over the pudding, and then pour the chocolate mixture over all. Smooth it over the whole dish.
- Refrigerate overnight, or at least 8-12 hours, covered with plastic wrap. Do not make and serve immediately as it will not be the same -- it needs time to blend together.
Great recipe and one I"ve used numerous times w/variations as to the chocolate topping. Yours is equally as yummy!!! Easy dessert to put together for when the weather is too HOT to have the oven going.