Chef #671741's Note:
I have had this recipe for nearly 30 years, and have no idea where it originated. My family has always loved it for any occasion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend the pudding mixes with milk, and then add the Cool Whip and gently stir together.
- 2Place one layer of the graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13" pan. Pour half of the pudding mix over this.
- 3Lay another layer of crackers into the dish. Pour the rest of the pudding mix on.
- 4Melt the baking squares of chocolate and stir together with the Crisco. (This recipe originally called for 2 envelopes of Choco-bake which I can't find anymore.) Add the milk, vanilla, syrup and powdered sugar to the chocolate and mix until smooth.
- 5Lay the third layer of graham crackers over the pudding, and then pour the chocolate mixture over all. Smooth it over the whole dish.
- 6Refrigerate overnight, or at least 8-12 hours, covered with plastic wrap. Do not make and serve immediately as it will not be the same -- it needs time to blend together.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Eclair Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.7
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 242.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g