Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chocolate graham crackers layered between creamy vanilla custard, topped with chocolate glaze. Very rich and habit forming. Everyone I have made this for has fallen in love with it!
- 2 (3 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and 3 cups milk; mix well.
- Fold in whipped topping and beat with mixer for 2 minutes, stir in sweetened condensed milk.
- In a buttered 9x13 inch baking dish, spread a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the dish.
- Spread 1/2 of the pudding mixture over crackers, then top with graham crackers.
- Spread remaining pudding over crackers; top second pudding layer with another layer of crackers.
- To make topping: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1/4 cup milk, cocoa and sugar and allow to boil for 1 minute; remove from heat and add butter and vanilla.
- Mix well and cool.
- Pour sauce over graham cracker layer and refrigerate until set; serve.
My family loved this! Instead of making frosting though (it was hot day) I used canned frosting, nuked it for a minute stirring every 20 seconds until it was pourable and poured this directly over the last layer of graham crackers. Do recommend letting this set overnight, the graham crackers need to absorb the pudding since this was better the next day. I also made this in 4 layers 7 1/2 crackers per layer, and used 1/3 of the pudding mix per layer.
This was sooo good and so easy to make. Everyone at work loved it. Thanks for a great recipe.