Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (1 lb) box honey graham crackers
- 2 packages French vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 3 cups milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons Karo syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Line buttered 9 x 12 dish with graham crackers.
- Combine pudding mix with milk.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Pour half of the mixture over crackers.
- Add second layer of crackers.
- Add remaining pudding mixture.
- Add final layer of graham crackers.
- Over medium heat, melt chocolate glaze except for the powdered sugar.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar.
- Pour over crackers.
- Refrigerate overnight.
This is amazing!! Refrig for 24hrs prior to serving for best taste, but then again it might not make it 24hrs especially in my fridge!!
The first time my mother-in-law made this, I knew i had to have the recipe! it is fabulous--everyone loves it. If you need a quick fix, use some prepared rich chocolate frosting and it will do---although the choc. glaze is the best!
SO simple, SO delish!! Can't believe I only recently heard of this from a friend. I highly recommend refigerating it for at least 24 hours before serving. The crackers will be softer and more cake-like. For the icing, I use 1/2 cup cocoa powder in place of the chocolate (all other ingredients same). Mix cocoa and powdered sugar, melt the butter and stir into dry mix w/milk, then add syrup and vanilla. Pours well.