2 hrs 15 mins
This is similar in style to the Chocolate Eclair Cake #57927, except mine has a chocolate drizzle on top and vanilla custard instead of chocolate custard inside. It's not really a cake - more like one big sheet pan of a chocolate eclair. Yummy. I included cooling time in the cooking time.
My Private Note
cake, c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 (5 1/8 ounce) packages dry vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 1Bring water and butter to a boil in a saucepan until all butter is melted.
- 2All at once, add flour and salt.
- 3Beat until mixture forms a ball that leaves sides of saucepan.
- 4Cool slightly 3-5 minutes.
- 5Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- 6Spread this pastry dough into an ungreased cookie sheet/jelly roll pan.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven.
- 9Pierce bubbles with fork and press lightly into pan.
- 10Cool completely.
- 11Mix pudding with milk and softened cream cheese.
- 12Beat thoroughly and spread onto cooled pastry.
- 13Spread Cool Whip over pudding mixture.
- 14Melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat.
- 15Add confectioners sugar and milk to chocolate mixture, stirring until a thin glaze forms.
- 16Drizzle chocolate glaze over Cool Whip.
- 17Cool at least one hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Eclair Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6431.4
- Calories from Fat 3399
- Total Fat 377.7 g
- Saturated Fat 248.6 g
- Cholesterol 1492.3 mg
- Sodium 4952.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 707.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 519.2 g
- Protein 90.1 g