Recipe by BlueHyacinth
This is such a fun candy to make for Easter. I got this recipe from Taste Of Home quite a few years ago, and it has become an annual Easter tradition to make these, and the kids love helping.
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until mixed well.
- Fold in coconut, nuts and 1 cup confectioner's sugar; mix well.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining sugar on a board.
- Turn peanut butter mixture onto board; knead in enough of the remaining confectioners' sugar until mixture holds its shape when formed.
- Shape into small egg-shaped pieces.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- In a double boiler over hot water, melt chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until smooth.
- Dip eggs; place on waxed paper to harden.