Recipe by Theresa/ Thunderbird
This recipe is from The new Taste of Home Chocolate cookbook.Prep time includes chilling time.
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl cream peanut butter and butter until well mixed.
- Fold in coconut, nuts and 1 cup sugar,mix well.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining sugar on a board.
- Turn peanut butter mixture onto board,knead in enough of the remaining sugar until mixture holds its shape when formed.
- Shape into small egg shaped pieces.
- Cover and chill for one hour.
- In a double over hot water, melt chocolate chips and shortening.
- Stir until smooth.
- Dip eggs; place on wax paper to harden.