1 hr 20 mins
When I got a last minute invitation to Easter dinner with family and friends, I didn't want to go empty handed, even though I wasn't expected to bring anything. So I adapted a Hershey's recipe, plunked on some ears from a chocolate bunny and said the rest was in the pie. It was a hit, and a topic of conversation and teasing. It is easy, delicious and could easily be adapted to other occasions. Could be fun for children to help prepare and decorate. The cook time is actually chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ounce hershey's milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese or 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon milk or 1 teaspoon half-and-half or 1 teaspoon cream
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed ( nondairy is okay, store brand is okay too)
- 1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate crumb crusts
- pastel colored M&M', for sprinkling on top (plus head and ears from a small chocolate rabbit for decoration)
- 1Chunk chocolates and put together in a small microwaveable bowl; heat on high power in thirty second increments until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred together, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese; cream in the sugar, vanilla and milk until all is smooth and well incorporated.
- 3Stir the melted chocolate into the cheese mixture until well blended.
- 4Fold in the thawed whipped topping until thoroughly mixed, being careful not to beat out the fluffiness of the topping.
- 5Scoop the filling into the prepared crust, mounding and smoothing to fit it all inches.
- 6Stand the ears in the center, at a little angle if desired; sprinkle some of the M & M's around to give it some color.
- 7Chill the pie at least one hour before serving and refrigerate any leftovers.
- 8Can be made ahead and frozen up to a couple of months.
- 9*The better the chocolate, the better the result! Use bittersweet or unsweetened here, anything else is too sweet.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Easter Bunny Pie
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.8
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 454.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 42.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g