1/1 Photo of Chocolate Earthquake Cake
Though messy, this cake is really yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a cake tin.
- 3Cover the bottom of the cake tin with the chopped pecans and flaked coconut.
- 4Prepare cake mix as per package instructions.
- 5Pour over the chopped pecans and flaked coconut.
- 6Melt butter.
- 7Add to it the cream cheese, extract and confectione's sugar.
- 8Stir well, and then pour over the cake bottom.
- 9Bake for 40-45 minutes or until done.
- 10Please bear in mind that one cannot test for doneness as the cake will appear sticky even when done.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Earthquake Cake
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 754.5
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.1 mg
- Sodium 622.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 77.0 g
- Protein 6.6 g