1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 earl grey tea bags
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate (NOT UNSWEETNED) or 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (NOT UNSWEETNED)
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate (not unsweetned) or 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetned)
- 1Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- 2Place rack to centre.
- 3Grease 10 inch angel food pan.
- 4Place tea bags into a measuring cup and pour over 2/3 cup boiling water.
- 5Let steep 6 minutes.
- 6Remove tea bags, squeezing any liquid into the cup.
- 7Let cool to room temperature.
- 8Melt chocolate in the top of double boiler until smooth.
- 9Remove let cool.
- 10Puree marmalade in processor or through a sieve. Set aside.
- 11Using electric mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 12Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- 13Stir in the melted chocolate.
- 14Now stop using mixer and use the wooden spoon, for combining.
- 15Stir in the marmalade, walnuts, and vanilla.
- 16Combine the flour, baking powder in a bowl.
- 17Beat in the flour mixture, alternating with the cold tea into the chocolate mixture in two additions. DO NOT OVERBEAT-- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- 18Bake until tester comes away clean-- about 60- 70 minutes.
- 19Transfer to wire rack and cool 15 minutes.
- 20Using a sharp knife cut around the edges to loosen then turn out.
- 21Cool completely.
- 22Bring the cream to a boil, and pour over the chopped chocolate.
- 23Let stand to melt.
- 24stirring now until smooth.
- 25Place cake onto plate-- Glaze the top and letting glaze drip down the sides of cake.
- 26Cover with a dome top.
- 27Store at room temperature.
- 28Can be made the day before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Earl Grey Tea Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1927 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6959.1
- Calories from Fat 4441
- Total Fat 493.4 g
- Saturated Fat 284.4 g
- Cholesterol 1920.0 mg
- Sodium 1259.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 664.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 76.7 g
- Sugars 336.8 g
- Protein 125.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: