Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The original poster for this recipe is Rudy2. I changed the sauce a bit and had these last night-yum!
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, combine the sauce ingredients and mix together well.
- Heat until the sauce comes to a boil being sure to stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and set aside momentairly.
- In a large bowl, stir dumpling ingredients together to blens.
- Beat for 1 minute.
- Return skillet to the stove top and cover.
- Heat over low heat until sauce gently boils.
- Then drop the dumplings by Tablespoons over the sauce.
- Cover the skillet and gently simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Only check once, just making sure sauce is not simmering to hard.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
The sauce is very tasty. Making the dumplings w/o breaking them is to be done tactfully....
I was amazed and thrilled to see this recipe posted! I grew up on these and most people say "YUCK!!!" until they've tried em. Then they say, "Can I have some more please?" Absolutely my favorite chocolate thing on this earth!
These were really good, although mine didn't turn out to be what I'd call dumplings. I used a 10inch iron skillet to make them in and I spooned out the dough by the tablespoon fulls into the chocolate sauce and by the time they all puffed out and cooked they were covering the whole skillet and had soaked up most of the sauce! Maybe I needed to use a bigger skillet. They were so so good though! Especially with vanilla bean ice cream!!! Next time I might try a larger skillet and double the sauce recipe so that there will be some of it and the dumplings don't soak it all up!