Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are soft and dark and have been likened to a brownie. I made these for my film class and now they love me forever. I got so many compliments on these cookies and they're absurdly easy to make. when i made them i replaced the nuts with handfuls of chocolate chips and i sprinkled them with confectioner's sugar after they were baked.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in egg. Stir in cocoa, milk and vanilla.
- Stir flour, baking powder and salt together and add along with nuts (if desired). Mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased pan. Bake in 375°F oven for 10-12 minutes.
- •Variation: omit nuts and replace with 1 cup (or more) chocolate chips.
- •Variation: sprinkle with confectioners' (icing) sugar after baking.
I also found the dough to be on the dry side, but they did end up tasting really good. It does make for an easy to make cookie.
The batter for these cookies was very dry so I added another 1/4 cup of milk. The baked cookies tasted of too much flour so maybe the flour should be reduced to 1 1/2 cup. Anyway I am sorry will not be baking these again.