Recipe by Opium
These cookies are soft and dark and have been likened to a brownie. I made these for my film class and now they love me forever. I got so many compliments on these cookies and they're absurdly easy to make. when i made them i replaced the nuts with handfuls of chocolate chips and i sprinkled them with confectioner's sugar after they were baked.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in egg. Stir in cocoa, milk and vanilla.
- Stir flour, baking powder and salt together and add along with nuts (if desired). Mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased pan. Bake in 375°F oven for 10-12 minutes.
- •Variation: omit nuts and replace with 1 cup (or more) chocolate chips.
- •Variation: sprinkle with confectioners' (icing) sugar after baking.