Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from the www.Hersheys.com website. They are so good!! Taste like brownies when they are still warm. I pressed half of a maraschino cherry into the center right after they came out of the oven - SOOOO YUMMY!!!! My kids love them!!
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup hershey cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk (see note) or 1⁄3 cup sour milk (see note)
- sugar, for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until well blended.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; alternately with buttermilk to butter mixture.
- Using ice cream scoop or 1/4 measuring cup, drop dough about 2" apart onto prepared cookie sheet (i just used a Tablespoon and made regular sized cookies).
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until cookie springs back when touched lightly in center.
- While cookies are on cookie sheet, sprinkle lightly with additional sugar.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Note: to sour milk: use 1 teaspoon white vinegar plus milk to equal 1/3 cup.