These are a lovely cake-cookie, with a deep chocolate flavor. We made these as a holiday cookie growing up, with a simple powdered sugar frosting. I don't make them often, simply because I will eat too many at once. Hope you enjoy. You may use all butter in lieu of shortening, but I wouldn't recommend using all shortening or margarine. Powdered baking chocolate works fine, too. Be sure to read the conversion chart on the packaging.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening, butter and sugar, add eggs and beat, using a hand held mixer.
- 2Add melted chocolate, then add in thirds the dry ingredients, milk and flavoring.
- 3Drop spoonfuls (I use a regular spoon from the utensil drawer) of batter on cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 8 - 10 minutes.
- 4When cookies have cooled, start making the powdered sugar frosting.
- 5Begin with powdered sugar, adding about 1 tbl of milk at a time, until it has a consistency of a thin batter.
- 6Frost cookies, let the frosting harden (if you can wait that long), and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Drop Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.9
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 29.2 mg
- Sodium 188.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g