Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom and I make these every Christmas, and they are wonderful every time. We eat them frozen, warm, or cool...they all taste great! I hope someone else will like this as much as we do!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 -3 cups powdered sugar
- milk, use as much as desired to get the disired consistancy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar, then beat in eggs.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler; stir into creamed mixture.
- Sift dry ingredients; add to chocolate mixture gradually with milk.
- Mix well; add vanilla.
- Using a teaspoon, drop 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375ºF for 8-10 minutes.
- Frosting:Add milk to 2-3 cups powdered sugar.
- Stir until desired consistency.
- Add vanilla.
- Ice cookies when cool, add sprinkles or colored sugar if desired.
These cookies were great! They tasted wonderful, Hope you don't mind Willow but I had to give your recipe out to 5 people at work ; ) They were a big hit! Very chocolatey for a cookie. The icing brought out the chocolate flavor. Thank you!
I followed the recipe exactly, and was quite disappointed in these cookies. They are very cakey in texture and not as chocolately as expected. If anyone wants to try these, I would suggest adding some nuts, dried cherries or chocolate chips or something to them to liven them up somewhat. I don't think I would bother making these again.
I was quite convinced by the first review of these cookies, and then even more convinced by the second...the cakey texture sounded so tempting. They were awesome! I've given the recipe to many people, and everyone loves them! Whoever doesn't like them are crazy. The icing does, as said before, bring out the chocolatey flavor. JustCallMeMartha must have messed up the recipe. :-)