Recipe by Willow
My mom and I make these every Christmas, and they are wonderful every time. We eat them frozen, warm, or cool...they all taste great! I hope someone else will like this as much as we do!
Top Review by RecipeNut
These cookies were great! They tasted wonderful, Hope you don't mind Willow but I had to give your recipe out to 5 people at work ; ) They were a big hit! Very chocolatey for a cookie. The icing brought out the chocolate flavor. Thank you!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 -3 cups powdered sugar
- milk, use as much as desired to get the disired consistancy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar, then beat in eggs.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler; stir into creamed mixture.
- Sift dry ingredients; add to chocolate mixture gradually with milk.
- Mix well; add vanilla.
- Using a teaspoon, drop 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375ºF for 8-10 minutes.
- Frosting:Add milk to 2-3 cups powdered sugar.
- Stir until desired consistency.
- Add vanilla.
- Ice cookies when cool, add sprinkles or colored sugar if desired.