Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From the pages of TOH created in their test kitchen and so easy to make! I suggest making a double batch as they disappear quickly!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon shortening
- In small mixing bowl cream butter and confectioners sugar. Beat in vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in balls.
- Place 2- in apart on ungreased baking sheet; flatten slightly with glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
- For drizzle, in a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt the chips and shortening, stir until smooth. Remove from heat and drizzle over cookies.
Yum! Rather than drizzling with chocolate, you can also dip the baked cookies in the melted chocolate/shortening then sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Oh my!!!! Wish I could give these 10 stars. These cookies are fabulous and very easy to make too. Everyone asked for the recipe (I almost hated to give it to them). Thanks so much for sharing, BreezyToo. (Oh by the way, thank you so much for the beautiful picture of my Zucchini & Cheese Patties).
These are wonderful. Very easy to make. I've never made a shortbread cookie before. But I will be making these again. Thanks for posting !!!