Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Peanut butter, chocolate and cheesecake...need I say more???
- 1 cup graham cracker
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 2⁄3 cups peanut butter chips (10-oz. pkg.)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Stir together crust ingredients in a small bowl.
- Press mixture onto bottom of a 9-in.
- springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Turn oven temp up to 450 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl on med.
- speed w/a mixer until smooth.
- Place peanut butter chips and milk in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at high for 1 minute.
- If necessary microwave at High for an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred.
- Add peanut butter mixture to cream cheese mixture, beating until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into prepared graham cracker crust.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Reuce oven temp.
- to 250 degrees F; continue baking 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven to wire rack, with a knife loosen cake from side of pan.
- Cool completely; remove side of pan.
- Prepare Chocolate drizzle-Place ch.
- chips and shortening (do not use butter or margarine) in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on High for 30 sec, stir.
- Microwave longer if necessary.
- Drizzle ch.
- drizzle over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate before serving, at least 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate leftover cheesecake-- if there is any.
katrina, this was so good and rich. i really enjoyed it.very creamy,i will make it again. the only thing i changed was the semi-sweet chips,all i had had was milk chocolate,other than that that's all i changed.
Great cake! I modified it by just using 2 cups of peanut butter instead of chips (perhaps a little too much), and then used chocolate ganache instead of the drizzle. And I used gluten free chocolate cookie crumbs instead of graham craker crumbs. My first baked cheesecake though, and it turned out great! Thanks!
Perfect! First time baking a cheesecake and although I was disappointed that it came out cracked,I just covered it with a mixture of peanut butter and chocolate thick drizzles, and then cut big Reese's cups in half and stuck them on the sides. I forgot to take a picture of the whole cake before it began being eaten...but have a piece left that I will take a pic of and upload. Thank you for the recipe!!